Prioritizing, Parenting, and Protecting Our Children
The Parenting Inside Out® program is an evidence-based parenting skills training program developed for criminal justice involved parents. The prison parenting program is appropriate for both incarcerated mothers and incarcerated fathers who are parenting from prison. The community version is appropriate for parents on parole or probation.
As part of a reentry program, Parenting Inside Out has a proven impact on reducing recidivism and criminal behavior while improving family relationships and parenting skills.
Parenting Inside Out has helped thousands of parents rebuild their relationships with their children and families.
What Makes Parenting Inside Out® Different?
- Based on cognitive behavioral and social learning theory—proven methodologies for creating change with criminal justice involved persons
- Meets all the best practices requirements to be designated evidence based, including an experimental study design and peer reviewed study results
- Has demonstrated a significant, measureable impact on rearrest rates (recidivism), post release criminal behavior and substance use, and visitation and family relationships
- Teaches transferable skills that prepare inmates for successful reentry
What Does the Program Include?
- Complete curriculum manual with lesson plans and facilitation guides
- Supplemental Parenting Coach manual with program research, organizational set up and strategies for teaching specific activities
- A CD with all participant materials — handouts, worksheets, graduation certificates, evaluation tools
- A webinar-based training program that ensures curriculum fidelity
- Communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Emotion regulation (anger management)
- Child development
- Nurturing children through reading and play
- Family dynamics
- Giving effective directions and using positive reinforcement
- Child guidance – non-violent discipline techniques
- Adult development
- Transitioning planning and family reintegration